Is Invisalign Right for Me?
posted: Jun. 17, 2021.
Invisalign could be right for you if you would like a straighter smile. Invisalign is an innovative orthodontic treatment for straightening teeth that utilizes clear aligner trays rather than brackets and wires. Wilson Dental Care in Germantown, TN, is a certified Invisalign provider. Our skilled dentists, Dr. Charlyn Wilson and Dr. Nishel Patel, can help you achieve a straighter smile with Invisalign.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign is an orthodontic method for straightening teeth, as well as correcting moderate crowding and improper bites. Invisalign utilizes aligner trays to move the teeth. The trays exert gentle pressure on the teeth to gradually move them in the desired direction. The aligner trays are made from a soft, flexible plastic material and are comfortable to wear. There is no metal hardware to poke or irritate the mouth.
During treatment, patients wear a set of custom aligner trays. One tray is worn over the top row of teeth, and another tray over the bottom row. Each set of trays is worn for a few weeks and is then replaced with the next set in the series. Every time patients switch to a new set of trays, the teeth move closer to their final straightened position. The experienced dental team can help determine if Invisalign in Germantown, TN, is right for you.
The Benefits of Invisalign
The numerous benefits and advantages associated with Invisalign make it a popular teeth-straightening option among many patients. Benefits include:
- Removable: The aligner trays can be removed for up to two hours a day without affecting treatment. They can be easily taken out before eating and when brushing and flossing.
- Discreet: The aligner trays are made from a clear material so they are virtually invisible to others.
- Comfortable: The material used to make each custom aligner tray is a soft, flexible plastic.
- Improved Oral Hygiene: There are no brackets or wires to interfere with your oral hygiene routine.
- Fewer Food Restrictions: Since the aligners can be removed to eat, there is no risk of them being damaged or food getting stuck in them so patients can eat what they want.
- Protection Against Teeth Grinding: For patients who grind their teeth while sleeping, the aligner trays help protect teeth against excess wear and tear.
Invisalign is the discreet and comfortable way to achieve a straighter smile. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Wilson or Dr. Patel to learn more about straightening your smile with Invisalign by calling Wilson Dental Care in Germantown, TN, at (901) 751-1100.