Night Guards Care and Instructions
- Your night guard is an appliance that is custom fit to your teeth only.
- You must wear your night guard often in order to keep your teeth aligned in a stable position.
- Failure to wear your night guard may result in excessive wear and/or fracture of your teeth that may require extensive dental work to repair.
- Failing to regularly wear your night guard may result in drifting of your teeth to a degree that your night guard will no longer fit properly.
- To keep your night guard clean, wash with liquid hand soap and warm water.
- Store your night guard in a container when not wearing.
- Do not expose it to heat that may distort shape, boil in water, or leave in hot, sun-exposed areas.
- Place your night guard securely onto your teeth by applying pressure equally on both sides.
- Remove the night guard by gently prying it away from your teeth with your fingers. Try to apply equal pressure to both the left and right sides.
- Inspect your night guard regularly for signs of breakage.
- Please bring your night guard with you to future dental appointments, so that it may be inspected by the dentist.
- Call our office if you experience and pain or discomfort from your night guard.
Please don’t hesitate to call us with any questions or concerns 901-751-1100.